Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ouch, that hurts!

I'm getting closer to my departure date but there are still so many things to do. I have renewed my passport, which was quite an experience. I hadn't been into a federal government building in a while. There were so many security cameras, guards, etc. It's really sad how terrorists have eroded our quality of life. I felt nervous and watched constantly. After taking care of the passport, I headed to the Dallas County Health Department. Fortunately, it was early and only one person in line to get vaccinated in the Foreign Travel office. The experience had me saying "ouch" on two counts! The shots I needed for travel to Southeast Asia cost $225! Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Polio and Typhoid. OUCH! Days later, I have bruises on both arms from those vaccinations!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is interesting that you had to get shots. I didn't. It may be different going to China though. I better look into that because I would like to get to China.

    ReplyDelete